First blog task

 First blog task


Once you've set up your new blogs, create a new blog post on your Media Blog 1 and answer the following questions:


1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I chose media A level as I did it in GCSEs and found that I enjoyed the subject quite a bit and achieved a good grade.


2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

Yes i took Media for GCSEs at green ford high school.


3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

I achieved a grade 8 in GCSE media however i was three marks off a 9, for coursework i chose to do a music video. My strengths in media id say were the exam questions and the weaknesses may have been the coursework and being creative in that sense.

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I hope to achieve an A or A*.

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I haven't got an exact idea on what i want to do going forward but potentially do law at university.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2026 has been and why?

Id say the biggest media story of 2026 is grand-theft auto 6 coming out in November as there is  a lot of anticipation given that people have been waiting for it to be released for a long time.

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I mostly use tiktok and i find that a lot of the information i attain comes from tiktok and Instagram.

8) What was the last film you watched?

I watched Toy story in the cinema.

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

I think my favourite is the office.

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

My last week average was about 9 hours, i think that is quite high however i blame social media apps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIGRAIN: Semiotics blog task